Rules on trademark use
The trademarks, trade names and trade dress of the Tetra Pak Group are valuable assets to us. In following these guidelines, you help us to protect our rights and strengthen our identity and brand. By using a Tetra Pak trademark you are acknowledging that we are the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with our rights in the trademark, including challenging our use, registration of, or application to register such a trademark anywhere in the world and that you will not harm, misuse or bring into disrepute any Tetra Pak trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Tetra Pak trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to us. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact us.
The Tetra Pak Group respects the Intellectual Property rights of others, and we ask the same from others.
If you would like to report misuse or infringement of any of our trademarks or if you believe your trademark is being misused or infringed on a Tetra Pak website, please submit an electronic notice.
We, the Tetra Pak Group carefully limit the use of our trademarks and logos. No other company or entity may use our trademarks unless a prior written authorisation by us. To obtain permission to use any of our trademarks, contact your Tetra Pak representative or submit a notice here.
"Fair use" of a trademark owned by us by a third party is limited to text-only references to a Tetra Pak trademark such as a product or service name. Such use does not include the use of any logo, device mark or copyright protected work.
In such references, it is important that you are truthful and do not disparage Tetra Pak or mislead the public. Also you must be clear and accurate as to the nature of the relationship between yourself and the Tetra Pak Group.
Examples of "Fair Use"
- When you are specifically referring to a Tetra Pak® product. For example "The Tetra Pak® A3/Flex has proven…."
- When you are indicating that a Tetra Pak® product can be used with another product for example " xxx can be used together with the Tetra Therm® Lacta pasteurizer."
Please note that the emphasis should be on your product name and labelling should place emphasis on your product name so that it is perceived as an application, developed with, compatible with or running on a Tetra Pak® platform.
Unauthorised use of our trademarks damages our trademark and brand. The main damage is that such use confuses our customers and consumers buying milk and other beverages or foods in a carton package if they cannot be sure that content has been safely packed by machines from Tetra Pak or packaging material produced by Tetra Pak.
- You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Tetra Pak ®, Protects what's good™, Tetra Brik®, Tetra Classic®, Tetra Rex® or any other trademarks owned by the Tetra Pak Group or any device marks, protected package shapes or graphic standards as or as part of a company name, trade name, product or service name.
- You may not change, create any variation, transliterate or abbreviated any of our trademarks for any purpose.
- Our trademarks shall be properly marked using the symbols ® or ™ as appropriate. If you are in doubt which is the proper marking for the respective trademark, find more information here
(Tetra Pak trademark list, pdf).
- Our trademarks shall only be used on their own, and you may not conjoin them with any other company's name or trademarks.
- Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive shape of our packages, logos, graphic standard or website design.
- Domain name: You may not use Tetra Pak®or any other trademarks of the Tetra Pak group as a component in a domain name.
Proper use by Licensee;
If you are a licensee of a Tetra Pak trademark or logo and have been provided with usage guidelines with your agreement with a Tetra Pak company, please follow those guidelines.
If your agreement does provide for a licence to use a Tetra Pak trademark but no usage guidelines, then the follow guidelines apply.
- Advertising, promotional and sales materials:
Only the Tetra Pak Group and its customers under license may use the Tetra Pak Logo in advertising, promotional and sale materials. Such authorised users may use the logo only as specifies in their agreement with the relevant Tetra Pak Company and any associated guidelines. If no guidelines have been provided, these guidelines shall apply. Such use
- Publications, social media and conferences:
You may use a Tetra Pak word mark in connection with publications, on social media, conferences, provided that you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent that the rest of the title
- The use will not harm, misuse or bring into disrepute the Tetra Pak Group or any products or services offered by a Tetra Pak company.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Tetra Pak word marks on all printed materials related to the publications, on social media, conferences.
- The Tetra Pak logo or any other graphic device does not appear on in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar or conference without express permission from the Tetra Pak Group.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation or approval by the Tetra Pak Group is included on the publication, or on any materials related "(name of publication) is an independent publication as not been authorised, sponsored or otherwise approved by the Tetra Pak Group.
- A trademark notice in included in the credit section giving notice of the ownership of the Tetra Pak Group of its trademarks.
General rules for proper use
A Tetra Pak package
A Tetra Pak
She works at AB Tetra Pak
She's a Tetra Pak-er
She works at the Tetra Pak Group
Tetra Pak packaging
Tetra Paper material
Five Tetra Brik packages
Five Tetra Briks
Wine in a Tetra Brik carton package
A Tetra of wine