The heart in any membrane filtration process is the membrane itself, and choosing the best membrane for a given process is often a complex task. Membrane type, plant design and processing parameters should be carefully matched to meet the desired performance and cost-efficiency of the overall process.
Tetra Pak Filtration is one of the world's largest providers of membranes for dairy applications, and we offer supply and replacement of membranes and all types of spare parts for membrane filtration systems.
|Membrane material||Type||Typical application (products)|
|Spiral-wound||Skyr, Greek yoghurt, Quark, Fromage fraits|
Plate & Frame
Cream cheese, Baker's cheese
|Ceramic||Tubular||ESL milk, Greek yoghurt, Dairy-based ingredients|
The SW membrane element is a unique design, where a large membrane area is wound into a compact element. A number of membrane elements are fitted into a stainless steel housing to form a module, and a number of modules are built into a plant.
• Low cost
• Compact design
• Cost-effective processing economy
• Offers a wide range of applications for the dairy industry
In Plate & Frame systems, membranes are laid on top of a plate-like structure, which in turn are mounted on PSO support plates. Used for UF of highly viscous products.
• Handles high viscosity products
• Highly defined flow dynamics
• High temperature resistance
• Possibility of isolation of individual membranes
• High configuration versatility
• Ceramic membrane and support structure
• Specific accurate pore size
• 3 and 4 mm diameter flow channels
• Chemical and temperature resistant for easy CIP, excellent hygienic properties
• Durable for long membrane life
• Defined flow conditions
Do you want more information about this product. Please contact us.
About Tetra Pak
Together with our customers we make food safe and available, everywhere. Since the start in 1951 we have taken pride in providing the best possible processing and packaging solutions for food.