Working in partnership
To build sustainable food value chains and address global challenges related to food security and nutrition, it is essential to collaborate between stakeholders. Among many partners and networks, we collaborate with:
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) – GIZ funds and implements a Dairy Hub project in Sri Lanka which started as a partnership between Tetra Pak, dairy processor Cargills (Ceylon) PLC and GIZ.
- Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) – GAIN and Tetra Pak has collaborated in research and knowledge sharing including impact and case studies. Tetra Laval is an active partner in various nutrition networks led by GAIN.
- Global Child Nutrition Foundation (GCNF) – Tetra Laval Food for Development is represented on the GCNF Board of Directors. GCNF and Tetra Laval jointly promote school feeding globally.
“Tetra Pak and GCNF understand that when public and private partners work together, we can make sustainable changes to improve nutrition and education for children. For more than a decade, our innovative and valued collaboration with Tetra Pak has supported developing countries feed and educate some of the world’s most vulnerable children.” Gene White, President GCNF
- SUN Business Network (SUN BN) – SUN is committed to scale-up nutrition in the world by bringing public and private stakeholders together. Tetra Laval is a member of the network, and has representation on the Advisory Board of SUN BN.
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) – Sida is co-funding a Dairy Hub development project in Bangladesh. Sida co-funded the Milk for Schools pilot programme in Zambia, initiated by Tetra Laval and Parmalat Zambia. Tetra Laval is a member of Swedish Leadership for Sustainable Development (SLSD), a network established on Sida’s initiative.
- UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) – Tetra Pak and FAO has collaborated on school milk promotion for many years and are also discussing potential partnerships in dairy development. Tetra Laval is a member of the Private Sector Mechanism (PSM) to the Committee on World Food Security (CFS).
- UN Global Compact (UNGC) – Tetra Pak is a signatory to the UNGC since 2004, committing to promote 10 core sustainability principles. Tetra Laval Food for Development is the contact point for UNGC.
- UN Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) – UNIDO is the implementing partner in a Dairy Hub development project in Bangladesh, co-funded by Sida.
- World Food Programme (WFP) – WFP and Tetra Pak have a long history of collaboration, sharing best practices in school feeding programmes around the world. WFP and Tetra Pak have signed a Letter of Intent in Latin America, and Tetra Pak is actively supporting the Latin American School Feeding Network. WFP implemented a Sida-funded Milk for Schools pilot in Zambia. Tetra Laval Food for Development provided technical assistance sharing food safety best practices to WFP for the emergency school milk programme for Syria.
- Heifer International - Heifer International is an NGO working to end hunger and poverty around the world by providing livestock and training to struggling communities. Tetra Pak and Tetra Laval Food for Development are working together with Heifer International in a dairy development project in Kenya.
Hear more about our work with the Global Child Nutrition Foundation from Arlene Mitchell, Executive Director, on our Stakeholder Voices page.